Right now we are looking for partner NGOs from the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Thailand and Vietnam in order to develop project proposal. Interested organizations should send us attached Partner Identification Form as soon as possible.
Inequality, discrimination, violation of fundamental rights, these are all hot topics in our current societies. In this world of globalization and exclusion, young people from Europe, Asia and Latin America are facing the same challenges: lack of opportunities no matter which context they come from, institutional violence due to the absence of a real public policy for young people; budget cuts to projects, youth areas or youth councils; absence of guarantee of basic human rights such as health or education; and high percentage of stigmatization sometimes just because the condition of being young. In order to have a more equitable society we need to be able to plan effective answers to the needs of vulnerable groups and to the differences provoked by geographic and socioeconomic inequalities.
Youth unemployment is an acute problem both in developed and developing countries and constitutes the predominant reason for social exclusion and poverty. Moreover, climate change and environmental degradation pose additional pressure especially on the future generation. For tackling these global developments, all societies are challenged to better exploit the huge potential offered by the younger generations in order to attain sustainable and inclusive growth.
In this respect, the overall objective of the action is to alleviate youth unemployment and marginalization of youth with fewer opportunities in Europe and Latin America by fostering cooperation and exchange of good practice for promoting economically and environmentally sustainable youth entrepreneurship.
The project will actively support young people in the acquisition of transversal skills, such as entrepreneurship, digital skills, multicultural competencies and environmental awareness, which will improve their livelihood prospects and reduce the risk of social and economic exclusion. Youth workers and youth will be equipped with key competencies and entrepreneurial skills enabling them to better take advantage of opportunities and to develop and use their human capital for improved livelihood prospects and self-development.
Transfer of good practice for promoting youth entrepreneurship will improve quality and effectiveness of services and facilities for young people with fewer opportunities in the partner contexts and the entire field of youth work. In addition, transnational collaboration and mobility will foster scaling up of good practice and innovation at both the national and international levels ensuring a real impact of interventions. In the middle term, the number of sustainable youth enterprises and opportunities for self-employment is expected to rise among the globe making a positive contribution to socio-economic development and inclusive growth.
We plan to spread a model of European values beyond the geographical limits of the EU, reaching the basic principles of fraternity among territories and strengthening historical collaboration between youth platforms. Ultimately, we aim to reinforce competences of organizations and councils and to improve youth policies, combining European experience in political advocacy with the “freshness”, the know-how and the innovation of Latin American and Asian projects.
The project promotes to strengthening of capabilities and competences of organizations that work in the field of youth in order to improve their work in YOUTH SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND YOUTH PARTICIPATION and specifically focusing on:
1. Learning of Methodologies for social innovation
2. Promoting the professional development of youth workers throw networking and exchange of good practices
3. Learning tools and methods that will be later apply with youth beneficiaries in each participant country, promoting their active participation and citizenship, social and labor inclusion.
This project will contribute to the implementation of “Europe 2020” strategy, working specifically in the fight against poverty and social exclusion of youth.
The objectives of the project are:
(1) to develop the involved organization’s facilitation and entrepreneurial training skills
(2) to foster an entrepreneurship mindset and to develop entrepreneurial competences for 72 young people
(3) to raise awareness about the importance of the entrepreneurship and business in the process of sustainable development.
(4) raise the role of creativity that drives innovation in entrepreneurship;
(5) introduce new tools of promoting entrepreneurial attitude among youngsters.
The main activities of this project are:
1) KICKOFF MEETING (2nd month of project) with 10 participants (Meeting for the starting of the project, where to meet participants, promote exchange of ideas and adjust the planification of actions, roles and calendar.
2)MOBILITY OF YOUTH WORKERS - 24 youth workers from partner organizations will participate in a TRAINING COURSE ABOUT SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP (flexible non formal learning process) focusing in:
a. Social innovation methodologies (SOCIAL DESING THINKING AND STORYTELLING).
b. Application of those methods in order to promote and active and participative role of youth.
The aim of the training is to encourage young people and their peers to take responsibility for their social environment, to create employment opportunities and at the same time tackle social issues through innovation and entrepreneurship.
3) APLICATION OF INNOVATIVE METHODOLOGIES & MOOC
After the training several actions will take place simultaneously:
1. Application of innovative tools: each partner will develop one specific tool in their own context to test it and launch it as learning content for an ONLINE COURSE
2. MOOC (Massive Online Open Course): 1 specific course focused in YOUTH SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP. This training will be directed massively to social workers in the field of youth.
4) A TWO-STAGE YOUTH EXCHANGE which aims to create a platform and a process where young people experience empowerment themselves and are equipped to empower others in their communities through exchange of ideas, stories, attitudes, techniques and tools that promote social entrepreneurial spirit and skills of young people in general and marginalized youth among refugee’s/asylum seekers and migrants in particular.
The first stage will location has to be defined. Participants will explore the subject, its challenges and opportunities. In between the first and the second stage participants will do research and observation in their local communities to find useful insights and opportunities for value creation and social entrepreneurship.
Objectives of the first exchange
- Explore the concept of social entrepreneurship as a tool for tackling local social problems of marginalized young people.
- Empower youngsters to start their social enterprises.
- Learn about applying practical, innovative and sustainable approaches to benefit society in general, with an emphasis on those who are marginalized and poor.
- Learn how to achieve large scale, systemic and sustainable social change through a new invention, a different approach, a more rigorous application of known technologies or strategies, or a combination of these.
- Learn to use Youthpass and the Key Competences for creative process of skill harnessing, self-reflection and documentation of the personal learning process.
- Form teams from participants to do research and observation in their local communities after they return in order to find useful insights and opportunities for value creation and social entrepreneurship.
The second stage of the exchange (location has to be defined also) will gather insights, learning, inspirations and experience of participants from their local communities and translate them into concrete social innovation ideas and quality youth projects to be carried out under Erasmus + Programme.
Objectives of the second exchange
- Gather insights, learning, inspirations and experience of participants from their local communities and translate them into concrete project ideas
- Equip participants with knowledge and skills in the field of project management in order to enable them to develop quality youth projects.
- Identify existing resources for the young social entrepreneurs and share know how on social enterprises.
- Promote Erasmus + Programme and explain how young people can be involved in it.
- Develop concrete social entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Develop concrete projects to be applied under Erasmus + Programme
- Develop and publish online the “Catalog of Social Entrepreneurship Ideas and Initiatives”
The Youth Exchange will be based on non-formal learning methods and principles, intercultural dialogue and communication in including group discussions, interactive presentations, participant’s lead workshops, team work, etc. Youthpass tool will be used throughout the project to help young
6) DISSEMINATION ACTIVITIES will be developed by all partners to promote the knowledge about this process, share the experience and intellectual outputs (as videos, training package, study of social entrepreneurship and Guide of Good practices & Forum conclusion.
Through implementation of the activities we aim to tackle various aspects of social entrepreneurship and develop competencies of all involved actors to effectively fight youth unemployment. The activities will be based on variety of methods and techniques of non-formal education and they will support active role of the participants in the project activities. The activities will target various groups including young people and youth leaders, youth workers, programme managers and project coordinators, representatives of institutions and local authorities. Besides developing capacities of the participants the project also aims to especially support creating cross-sectorial cooperation that is being consider by the partners of this project to be one of the key element in the process of creating support entrepreneurship environment in participants’ countries. The project will bring several key results one of them will be ‘Guide for Young Entrepreneurs’ that will contain lessons learned through project and practical tips that can be applied by different stakeholders in the communities. The guide will be published online but also each participating organization will realize one activity in form of presentation, discussion, debate where the guide and conclusions from the project will be presented.
THE RESULTS AND IMPACT:
- 72 young participant equipped with more skills and tools to act as MULTIPLIERS in order to promote social entrepreneurship and innovation in youth activities
- Creativity and entrepreneurship promoted through key tools and innovative methodologies,
- Promotion of initiative spirit, solidarity and creativity among youth from different countries in Europe and partner countries.